Please join us for this Free Seminar hosted at Urban Pooch Training and Fitness Center. If you are expecting a new bundle of joy and are worried about introducing your pooch then this is the place to be!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a PARENTS-ONLY Seminar. NO Pooches please.
WHEN: Saturday, November 14th from 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
WHERE: Urban Pooch Training and Fitness Center, 5400 N Damen Avenue
COST: FREE – PLEASE REGISTER to guarantee your slot, as space is limited.
This 1 ½ hour seminar will led by two of our experienced trainers and will help with:
- Tips and tricks on how to introduce your pooch to the new baby
- Looking for signs of stress in your pooch
- Help familiarize your pooch to new baby equipment such as strollers, cribs, baby swings and more.
Our Trainers will demonstrate with their pooches. So this seminar is only for parents, not for dogs.
We will have beverages and a light snack. We are here to help make this transition easier for you and your family.
You can register by either emailing us at Info@UrbanPoochTraining.com OR Calling 773.961.8880
OPEN GYM Begins Sat., Nov. 7th at Urban Pooch Training & Fitness Center
The weather is starting to get chilly, and we’re getting to that time of year when a nice warm, bright place to play means FUN and Exercise is oh so convenient for Mom or Dad to enjoy with your pooch!
We’re very excited to announce that OPEN GYM will begin on Saturday, Nov. 7th to meet this very important need.
In fact, we’ll have 3 different days of the week to satisfy the need for play:
OPEN GYM – Available Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday
Saturday 9:30am – 11:00am
Sunday 9:30am – 11:00am
Wednesday 9:00 am – 10:30 am
Open Gym is intended for dog friendly pooches to come play, have some fun, and exercise to their hearts content with Mom and/or Dad present!
OPEN GYM is $10 per session
You can also add guided TREADMILL TIME to your Open Gym experience. $15 for 15 minutes or $30 for 30 minutes
- Please make certain to let your dog potty PRIOR to entering the facility
- All dogs allowed into Open Gym must provide current vaccinations which include Rabies, Bordetella, Distemper, and a clean fecal within the last 6 months.
- Owners must be present in room with their dog(s) at all times. If you need to leave the room, please bring him/her with you or ask a UPTFC staff member for assistance.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up any mess their dog(s) may make.
- Upon entering & exiting UPTFC, all dogs must be on leash. Dogs are only aloud off leash in designated areas.
- Dogs should not meet while on leash, as Leash Aggression is a common & undiagnosed behavioral issue for even the friendliest canines.
- Please keep a close eye on your dog at all times, as you are responsible for any
The 5th Annual Fall Harvest Pooch Costume Contest and Parade at AppleFest. An amazingly fun opportunity to parade your special pooch in front of our judges in hope of winning great prizes and bragging rights to The Lincoln Square Pooch Hall of Fame.
As shared by Carmellia, one of our drivers of the Playtime Express.
BEAR is a two year-old black Pomeranian and her brother, OLLIE is also two years old, but he’s cream in color.
BEAR may be small, but she’s feisty and can hold her own. She lets dogs know that she don’t play. OLLIE on the other hand, is a little more laid back. Carmellia loves them so much.
She lets them ride shot gun on the Pooch van when she picks them up and drops them off. Even though they can walk, Carmellia carries them everywhere. She spoils them badly.
She gives them lots of love and treats when they get home. They simply can do no wrong in her eyes. 🙂 They are very special to her and that’s why she had chosen them as POTW.
Congratulations to BEAR, OLLIE and their Mom, Jessica – they each get 4 hours of daycare on us!
(Not Mom, just the pooches – he he)
We’re incredibly excited to announce the introduction of our new line of Urban Pooch DEFY Collars and Leashes developed in partnership with DEFY MFG. CO. located right near Urban Pooch in Ravenswood.
Berwyn, Joplin and Jessie Ray make their appearance on NBC 5 Chicago and CBS 2 Chicago news to teach everyone about pet safety in these inclement temps. We love keeping our pooch parents informed and continue to bring you the best products for keeping warm this winter.
Our Pooch of the Week is COACH!
COACH is a 7 year-old American Eskimo mix. Her dad, Jason, has been bringing her to Urban Pooch for two years now, and during that time she has definitely won over all of our hearts!