What to Bring to Training Classes
How to prepare for your awesome & FUN classes at Urban Pooch Training and Fitness Center:
- Bring a variety of very yummy, small-sized treats (the size of a green pea). You may try mixing the treats with your dog’s meal if you’re concerned about over-feeding, but not all dogs will train for kibble outside the house.
- Consider using a treat pouch – it’s easy to forget you have treats in your pocket. We have treat pouches for sale at Urban Pooch Training & Fitness Center.
- In addition to training treats, you’ll also need a calming treat. This can be anything that will get your dog chewing or licking, such as a stuffed Kong, Lickimat, or bully stick.
- Bring motivational toys that don’t make noise and that won’t roll away.
- Please, no choke or electronic collars. Flat collars, martingale collars, and many styles of harness can all be appropriate, depending on the dog. If our trainers think a different piece of equipment will help you or your dog, we'll let you know. Don't forget ID tags!
- Use a simple 6-foot leather or cloth leash. Chain and thick rope leashes are not recommended. Retractable leashes are not allowed. It's best to remove any keys, poop bags, or other items you may have clipped to the handle.
- As always and everywhere, Please bring poop bags!
- Wear your play attire to class – comfortable clothes, closed-toe and rubber-soled shoes
Red bandanas will be worn by dogs who need a little space. They may be uneasy around other dogs, or shy of people, or become overstimulated easily. Please offer space when you see a dog wearing a red bandana.