IMPORTANT: DURING THE PANDEMIC, ALL BOARDING FUN IS AT 4501 N Ravenswood Ave at Urban Pooch Canine Life Center. We have temporarily paused boarding at 5400 N Damen Avenue.
We are currently accepting new clients for boarding at 4501 N Ravenswood Avenue. Please call 773-942-6445 to schedule a socialization test at least 3 weeks prior to your desired Boarding Date. We are not accepting new clients for boarding at 5400 N.Damen Ave.
Your dog will have a great time spending the night with Urban Pooch. Comfy beds provided – No cages ever. Overnight, dogs sleep in an open pack accompanied by a counselor. Our overnight playrooms are set up with Kuranda beds & blankets, but most pooches end up on the bed with the counselors.
NOTE: after your socialization test is completed, your pooch will be required to visit our facility at least two times for daycare before boarding. We do this to ensure they are acclimated and familiar with our environment.
$65 per night – reservation required* and $30 deposit
$70 per night - Holiday Boarding
Feeding - $2 per meal, free if you provide your own food.
IMPORTANT- Please prepare your food
We require you to bag up food for your pooch by meal – e.g. breakfast, dinner – and label it, with your dog’s name and breed, for an overnight stay. We would love for you to bag it, but if that’s not possible, we have to charge you $7/day for our employees to do it – as it is time-consuming.
- Advanced air purification system provides the healthiest indoor environment available in Chicago
- Triple HEPA filters, 4 zones, UV Lighting to kill airborne bacteria & viruses
- All our floors are sealed with a triple antimicrobial sealant – ensuring the cleanest and safest play area
- Our staff has been intensively trained by one of the top canine care experts in the country
Loving Extras for Your Pooch While Boarding
Please consider adding a biscuit, treat or bully stick before bed; a relaxing and rejuvenating massage or a Bath and Brush. Because of your boarding with us, we extend special pricing for these thoughtful add-ons to your pooches stay. Please ask our Front Desk Staff for details. When you book your stay, we’ll be sure to also email you details.
Massage is a great add-on to boarding dogs. Treat your pooch to a warm and soothing rubdown by our amazing Massage Therapists – Cara & Alexia. They can give your pooch a 30-minute massage (or longer) with love and affection, soothing their muscles after a long day of play at Urban Pooch! Make sure to book your massage appointment prior to your boarding stay, to ensure availability.
Each dog must complete a 2-hour Socialization at our 5400 N. Damen facility. At the beginning of the Socialization, you and your dog will meet with a Daycare Counselor who will show you our facility and explain our procedures. After a brief interview with you and your dog, our Daycare Counselor will take your dog into the daycare room and observe how they interact with the rest of the pack.
You can stay and watch your dog on our daycare cameras or leave and return at the end of the 2-hour appointment. At the end, our Daycare Counselor will give you a report card explaining how your dog behaved in the daycare room. If your dog fits well in the pack they are welcome to come back anytime during daycare hours. Most dogs pass Socialization with flying colors and make many new human and dog-friends in the process!
Appointments for Socializations are available Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 2:00pm. Please schedule a Socialization appointment by calling 773.961.8880 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to get to know you and your pooch, we ask that you fill out a few forms.
Get the Forms
- Dog must be at least 4-months old and in good health.
- Spayed or Neutered by 6-months of age
- Have a City of Chicago Dog License (Municipal Code 7-12-140)
- Have a nylon collar with ID securely attached.
- If your dog was adopted, they need to have been in your home for 2-weeks before attending daycare.
- Click here to view our vaccination requirements
Pooches attending daycare/boarding at Urban Pooch must[ be in good health. Pooches who have any challenges or difficulties with mobility will not be allowed into daycare/boarding due to the overall well being of the pooch. Mobility problems are generally caused by a root problem such as dysplasia, back problems, arthritis, or other internal issues like tumors/growths.
- Difficulty standing up/getting up without assistance.
- Difficulty walking and keeping balance in a pack setting.
Urban Pooch is an open pack setting and doesn’t have isolation areas to accommodate any pooches that can’t be in the general population due to health concerns. All pooches who attend daycare & boarding must be free of any and all wounds. This policy umbrellas all and any open wounds for safety purposes. If a pooch must wear any type of wraps/shirts/cones for any type of medical concern, Urban Pooch will not allow the pooch in for daycare/boarding.
- Cuts, Scratches, Fresh abrasions, Lacerations or any open wound
- Hot Spots
- Removed fatty lumps/growths/pimples/warts
- Stitches/sutures or Staples on the body or inside the mouth post-dental
- Any openings that were glued shut
All wounds must be completely healed, closed, and scabbed over to be allowed into daycare/boarding.
All pooches must be in good health and free of any communicable disease. If you notice any of the following symptoms, DO NOT bring your pooch in for daycare/boarding.
- Gaging / Coughing
Hours for Pick Up and Drop Off
Monday through Friday - 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday -8:00 AM and 6:00 PM
Sunday - 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM
Late Night Pick-up is available 7 nights/week (with a few exceptions throughout the year).
- Additional charges apply for Late Night Pick-up – $9/hour
- Arrangements must be made in advance and dog must be dropped off during normal hours of operation
- Prepayment is required for all Late Night Pick-ups
- If pooch does stay overnight, the standard boarding rate will apply.
When picking up Late Night, you may pick-up at our back door until Midnight. Call 312.810.9143 and our Counselors will bring your pooch to you. Please do not knock on the doors or windows, as it disturbs our neighbors.
NOTE: Boarding dogs picked-up after 11 am will be charged the hourly daycare fee for that day.
** Urban Pooch Holidays – Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day Weekend, Fourth of July Weekend, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving Weekend.