What to Bring to Training Classes
How to prepare for your awesome & FUN classes at Urban Pooch Training and Fitness Center:
- Bring a variety of very yummy, small-sized treats (the size of a green pea). You may mix the treats with your dog’s meal if you’re concerned about over-feeding.
- Consider using a treat pouch – it’s easy to forget you have treats in your pocket. We have treat pouches for sale at Urban Pooch Training & Fitness Center.
- Bring motivational toys that don’t make noise and that won’t roll away.
- Please, no choke or electronic collars. Also, most back-clip harnesses are not recommended. A flat collar is best, but if you need a training collar or harness, our trainers are happy to make the appropriate suggestions for you and your dog.
- Use a 6-foot leather or cloth leash. Chain leashes are not recommended. Retractable leashes are not allowed.
CLICK HERE to read WHY we do not allow retractable leashes in class
- As always and everywhere, Please bring poop bags.
- Wear your play attire to class – comfortable clothes, closed-toe, and rubber-soled shoes
Red bandanas will be worn by dogs who need a little space. Perhaps they are not confident around other dogs, they may be shy of people, or maybe they have a temporary injury or are older and don’t want to be bumped. Please offer space when you see a dog wearing a red bandana.